Assistant Canning Line Operator
Do you have an interest in craft beer, a mechanical aptitude and a hands on attitude? We have the perfect role for you. East Coast Canning is a mobile beverage canning company that packages beer and other adult beverages Australia wide. We are currently seeking a dependable, hardworking individual to assist on canning runs. This position is ideal for someone looking to enter the beverage industry and offers hands-on training and growth opportunities for the right person.
The Assistant Canning Line Operator is an important supporting role for the Lead Canning Line Operator. On a typical day you can expect to perform the following tasks:
- Unloading and setting up equipment at the start of the day
- Breaking down and packing up equipment at the end of the day
- Mixing sanitising chemicals and thoroughly cleaning equipment
- Working the depalletizer to provide the canning line with a steady supply of cans throughout the day
- Working alongside and in conjunction with the Lead Canning Line Operator and client
- Following safe work procedures to safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery
We understand that you may never have seen a canning line before, we are a relatively new company and are the first canning line in Australia. There is a lot of the duties you can learn on the job, however, we have discovered the following attributes are perfect for this role.
- Mechanical aptitude: Our machines have busy schedules and often need parts replaced, troubleshooting and work arounds while on site.
- Physical fitness: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination and endurance. It is a very physical role with long hours on your feet. Set up and pack-down require moving the canning line into place.
- Flexible schedule: Our clients sites are your workplace. This means that your week is entirely dependant on the schedule and can involve long days and overnight trips.
- Work ethic: we are proud of our work and our clients product and have found that a positive attitude and a keen attention to detail are vital for this role.
- We have found that this role is often well suited to those who have worked in packing roles.
- An interest in craft beer and knowledge in how it is made is very useful for this position.
Work environments vary according to the job however the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Loud noise
Occasionally exposed to:
- High and low temperatures
- Small working areas
Physical demands include:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Overnights are expected
- Driver’s licence